IDTechEx provides independent business intelligence, market analysis and business/strategy consulting in high-growth emerging technology areas, such as advanced materials, electric vehicles, energy storage, 3D printing, novel electronic devices/materials, robotics and agrotech.
We are a global company with bases in the UK, Germany, USA, Japan and Korea. We have a hugely international team representing more than 15 nationalities.
We have been providing unmatched data-driven advice on emerging technologies since 1999. Our client base is very global with most of our business taking place in USA and Asia.
You will be working at the exciting interface of emerging technologies and business. You will develop expertise and worldwide recognition on a range of emerging technology areas, assessing both the technical and the commercial aspects.
This specific role will focus on the increasing role of power electronics in clean electric energy technologies and systems including electric vehicles, electric vehicle charging infrastructure, energy storage, renewable energy and their integration to broader energy systems such as smart grids.
You will use your knowledge, insight and analysis to deliver unmatched business intelligence on emerging technologies and to help our international clients make business-critical decisions regarding their technology strategies.
You will travel extensively to learn and interpret the latest developments in your domain, to meet customers and innovative companies, to disseminate your knowledge and to promote IDTechEx globally.
You will be given client-facing responsibilities from the very start and there will be ample opportunity to participate in a range of high-level business development and marketing activities. You will be working alongside a multinational team of bright and ambitious analysts.
IDTechEx will facilitate your rapid personal and professional growth. We expect you to become the number one analyst/consultant in your domains of expertise globally. You will become a globally famous and trusted name in the industry so that you will become the go-to reference point for companies seeking business intelligence and/or commercialization advice.
1. Develop technology assessments, market forecasts and business landscape analysis to write reports or deliver consulting projects
2. Analyse trends and data from various / numerous sources
3. Conduct research on technology progress with companies (by telephone, face-to-face meetings, conference attendance, etc)
4. Conduct meetings with clients by phone or in-person in various locations around the world
5. Represent IDTechEx at international events worldwide and deliver public lectures
6. Assist the events team to organise conferences and tradeshows
7. Actively promote IDTechEx and its products by writing articles, giving interviews, delivering public speeches, and conducting in-person client visits around the world
8. Help with business development and project scoping/definition
This position will be ideal for a bright individual who wishes to travel extensively and work with some of the biggest companies in the world.
1. Good technical degree, in Electrical Engineering, Power and Power electronics systems engineering, or similar applied to clean energy technologies and/or electric vehicles. A PhD is desirable, but not required.
2. Interests and/or knowledge of Asian cultures, specifically Chinese culture desirable
3. Proficiency of Mandarin language at any level and/or interest in learning/improving Mandarin language skills is highly desirable.
3. Keen to continuously learn about emerging clean energy technologies and materials their real world applications
4. Excellent at finding and compiling new information
5. Able to articulate an analysis in writing and with visuals (charts, infographics)
6. Confident in giving presentations in front of an audience
7. Must have the ability to work independently or in a small team
8. Ability to travel abroad
All our analysts will have many customer facing responsibilities. That is why we expect you to be highly confident and have excellent interpersonal skills. It goes without saying that we want you to be hugely resourceful and ambitious.
The position could be located in our Cambridge, UK office or in London (home office) depending on the applicant's preference. Our working environment is highly flexible