IDTechEx provides independent business intelligence, market analysis and business/strategy consulting in high-growth emerging technology areas, such as printed electronics, RFID, Internet of Things, electric vehicles, energy harvesting, advanced materials, 3D printing, and wearable electronics.
We are a global company with bases in the UK, Germany, USA, Japan and Korea. We have an international team representing more than 15 nationalities.
We are looking for a new analyst to expand our research on sensor technologies, with a strong emphasis on advanced sensors enabling emerging applications in IoT, wearables, drones and robotics. The analyst will cover the latest sensors from the MEMS and semiconductor industry. The analyst will build the necessary expertise to understand the strengths/weaknesses of the main suppliers, the needs of the end users, and the market dynamics.
- Deliver technology assessments, market forecasts and business landscape analysis for our reports or consulting activities
- Conduct research via direct interaction with companies (telephone, face-to-face meetings, conference attendance, etc)
- Conduct meetings with clients by phone or in-person in various locations around the world
- Represent IDTechEx at international events worldwide and deliver public lectures
- Promote IDTechEx and its research by writing articles and giving interviews with the media
- Help our event team and business development when needed
Previous experience in market intelligence is not required. The candidate should have a solid technical background and a good understanding of the various types of sensors. Ideally, the candidate would have some previous experience with a major sensor manufacturer or in a relevant industry (eg: automotive, consumer electronics, etc)
- Industry experience as an engineer, industry analyst, or a PhD in a relevant subject
- Keen to continuously learn about emerging technologies and their real world applications
- Excellent at finding and compiling new information
- Able to articulate an analysis in writing and with visuals (charts, infographics)
- Confident in giving presentations in front of an audience
- Must have the ability to work independently or in a small team
- Experienced with Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to travel abroad (for up to 2 weeks at a time)
The position will be located in Germany (multiple locations possible) or in Cambridge, UK.
Send a brief email introducing yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your CV.
(A PDF version of an up to date LinkedIn profile is an acceptable form of CV)