IDTechEx provides independent business intelligence, market analysis and business/strategy consulting in high-growth emerging technology areas, such as printed electronics, RFID, Internet of Things, electric vehicles, energy harvesting, advanced materials, 3D printing, and wearable electronics.
We are a global company with bases in the UK, Germany, USA, Japan and Korea. We have an international team representing more than 15 nationalities. We serve a global customer base spanning the entire value chain surrounding the technology areas that we cover.
We are looking for a new analyst to support our coverage of additive manufacturing, including 3D printing and related areas. The analyst will build the necessary expertise to understand the strengths/weaknesses of the main suppliers, the competing technology platforms, and the evolving industry landscape.
- Deliver technology assessments, market forecasts and business landscape analysis for our reports or consulting activities
- Conduct research via direct interaction with companies (telephone, face-to-face meetings, conference attendance, etc)
- Conduct meetings with clients by phone or in-person in various locations around the world
- Represent IDTechEx at international events worldwide and deliver public lectures
- Promote IDTechEx and its research by writing articles and giving interviews with the media
- Help our event team and business development when needed
You will be working at the exciting interface of emerging technologies and business. You will develop expertise and worldwide recognition on a range of emerging technology areas, assessing both the technical and the commercial aspects.
You will use your knowledge, insight and analysis to deliver unmatched business intelligence on emerging technologies and to help our international clients make business-critical decisions regarding their technology strategies.
You will travel extensively to learn and interpret the latest developments in your domain, to meet customers and innovative companies, to disseminate your knowledge and to promote IDTechEx globally.
You will be given client-facing responsibilities from the very start and there will be ample opportunity to participate in a range of high-level business development and marketing activities. You will be working alongside a multinational team of bright and ambitious analysts.
IDTechEx will facilitate your rapid personal and professional growth. We expect you to become the number one analyst/consultant in your domains of expertise globally. You will become a globally famous and trusted name in the industry so that you will become the go-to reference point for companies seeking business intelligence and/or commercialization advice.
Previous experience in market intelligence is not required. The candidate should have a solid technical background and an excellent awareness of the trends in the industry.
- Good technical degree in physical sciences. Either a PhD and/or industry experience in an area related to additive manufacturing are desirable but not required.
- Keen to continuously learn about emerging technologies and their real world applications
- Excellent at finding and compiling new information
- Able to articulate an analysis in writing and with visuals (charts, infographics)
- Confident in giving presentations in front of an audience
- Must have the ability to work independently or in a small team
- Experienced with Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to travel abroad (for up to 2 weeks at a time)
All our analysts will have many customer-facing responsibilities. That is why we expect you to be highly confident and have excellent interpersonal skills. It goes without saying that we want you to be hugely resourceful and ambitious.
The position will be located in Cambridge, UK. Our working environment is highly flexible.
Send a brief email introducing yourself to James Hayward
along with your CV.