Based in Cambridge (HQ office) or London (home office)
IDTechEx provides independent business intelligence, market analysis and business/strategy consulting in high-growth emerging technology areas, such as printed electronics, RFID, Internet of Things, electric vehicles, energy storage, robotics, energy harvesting, advanced materials, 3D printing, and wearable electronics.
We are a global company with bases in the UK, Germany, USA, Japan and Korea. We have an international team representing more than 15 nationalities.
IDTechEx is looking for assistant(s) to support the work of IDTechEx's technology analysts. This is primarily the market research activities and conference organisation activities of our expert analyst team units. Each assistant will support the work of one single IDTechEx analyst unit. Each IDTechEx research team unit focuses in a group of technologies and industries.
The assistant(s) will primarily conduct basic market research tasks and activities that can support the research program and consultancy work of the analyst team. Each one of the assistants will report directly to the head of each analyst team unit.
This specific position will support the work of the electric vehicle, energy storage and robotics research team at IDTechEx.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support the analyst team to achieve their objectives in terms of obtaining and synthesising market research information that can be integrated within our reports and consultancy projects. The assistant will be responsible of finding market information from primary and secondary sources for the analyst team within specific timelines for research and consultancy purposes.
- Arrange and coordinate market research interviews with IDTechEx's external contacts in specific companies on behalf of the analyst team within specific timelines for research and consultancy purposes.
- Be perseverant in reaching the right people through different means and finding new strategies for reaching them.
- Arrange meetings between external companies and the IDTechEx's analyst team unit team.
- Coordinate the agenda and interview program of an analyst team unit for specific report and/or consultancy projects.
- Coordinate the analyst team travelling agenda and organising meetings with external companies for research and/or business development purposes.
- Support the analyst team and conference team in any required conference organisation activity as required.
- Actively propose activities that can support the efficiency of the work of the analyst team unit in relation to both IDTechEx's analyst team external clients (companies) and internal clients (conference team, sales team).
- A degree in a business or technical related topic or transferable working experience is desirable.
- Keen to learn about new technologies and industries.
- Previous experience in market research and data collection activities is desirable.
- Good communication skills to reach and engage with people at different levels of a company in person, by telephone or email.
- Self-organized person.
- Proactive attitude in finding new ways of achieving objectives.
- Excellent at finding and compiling new information from different sources.
- Perseverant in finding information and arranging meetings with external contacts.
- Good analytical skills to support the analyst team in synthesizing meaningful market information from different sources in different formats (excel, powerpoint, etc).
- Good knowledge of excel, databases and elaborating charts.
- Good knowledge of PowerPoint
- Must have the ability to work independently or in a small team
- Experienced with Word, Excel, PowerPoint