+44 (0)1223 812300
Raghu Das MA (Cantab) is CEO of IDTechEx. He has a MA Natural Sciences degree from Cambridge University, where he studied physics. He has been closely involved with the development of printed electronics for ten years, carrying out consultancy in Europe, USA, Asia and the Middle East. He has lectured as an expert at over 300 events and conferences around the world and is author of several IDTechEx publications. He leads IDTechEx consulting effort and research programs. His analyses of the industry and market forecasts have been cited globally, in publications such as Wall Street Journal and the Financial Times.
-University of Cambridge, Masters Degree, Natural Sciences (Physics)
-Has grown the company to a world-leading concern, making profits each year
-Knowledge bridges technical and commercial domains, helping companies successfully exploit state-of-the-art technology
Detailed technical and market expertize gained over 13 years in the topics of RFID, printed electronics, smart packaging, energy harvesting, wireless sensors and emerging materials and devices with complete analysis of technologies and value chains.
Raghu has expanded a research, consulting and events firm to an international presence with HQ and subsidiaries in three countries and staff in six countries, making profits each year and growing revenue. The company is extremely highly regarded for its services in the industries it works in.
Raghu has led and conducted consulting studies for over 100 global firms from blue chips to start-ups, covering acquisition due diligence, growth opportunity appraisal, technology and market appraisal, project management of creation of prototypes, manufacturing cost assessment, matching/introducing companies, product benchmarking and more.
Examples of his recent work include:
- A $40 billion company who was looking to participate in the printed electronics market and leverage their expertise as a global materials company. It needed to understand how it could get involved in this sector based on unmet needs, companies to potentially partner with or even acquire, and company progress, particularly in East Asia. Raghu Das led this study at IDTechEx and profiled over 150 companies around the world, in particular those in East Asia. Full patent searches, company SWOT reports and analysis were given. Recommendations of partners and unmet needs (i.e. opportunities for the client) were given. The client invested in one of our recommended companies.
- Mr Das has completed a study for a $73 billion public organization in the US, benchmarking its internal processes and new identification system against RFID and printed electronics
Market Research Reports
Mr Das leads the research for printed, organic and flexible electronics forecasts at IDTechEx, covering transistors, e-paper, OLED, EL, photovoltaics, inorganic and organic materials and much more. He typically authors 3 market research reports per year, which include;
- RFID Forecasts, Players and Opportunities
- Printed, Organic & Flexible Electronics: Forecasts, Players & Opportunities
- Printed and Thin Film Transistors (TFT) and Memory
Raghu has lectured at more than 200 leading academic and business conferences around the world including the USA, Japan, China, Taiwan, Korea, Canada, Brazil, South Africa, Dubai, Qatar, Germany, France, Sweden, Norway, Spain, Italy, Israel, Belgium, Netherlands, Australia and others.