Wednesday, 03 Jun 2009
|11:45||Rolls-Royce Control and Systems UTC|
|16:30||Imperial College London|
Thursday, 04 Jun 2009
|12:20||Idaho National Laboratory (INL)|
|12:50||University of Manchester|
|15:15||Fraunhofer Institute for Integrated Circuits|
Wednesday June 03, 2009
Buildings and Other (14:45 - 15:45)14:45 - 15:15 "Energy Harvesting 3.0 - the Next Generation Wireless Sensors for Sustainable Buildings"
- The evolution of energy harvesting wireless sensors
- Key technical considerations of miniature energy harvesters for wireless sensors
- Challenges and solutions for low cost, high volume energy harvesting based wireless sensors - no wires. no batteries. no limits.
- The creation of an energy harvesting based international wireless standard for sustainable buildings - The EnOcean Alliance
- Some real world energy saving examples from the tens of thousands of buildings already deployed with the technology
15:15 - 15:45 "Charging Up the Stairs - EH in the built environment"
- Turning negatives into useful positives
- Harvesting footfall
- Harvesting environmental vibrations
- Additional benefits and markets