Wednesday, 03 Jun 2009
|11:45||Rolls-Royce Control and Systems UTC|
|16:30||Imperial College London|
Thursday, 04 Jun 2009
|12:20||Idaho National Laboratory (INL)|
|12:50||University of Manchester|
|15:15||Fraunhofer Institute for Integrated Circuits|
Thursday June 04, 2009
Electronics (14:15 - 15:45)14:15 - 14:45 "Ultra Low Power Radio Design: Optimised Performance for Energy Scavenging"
- Minimum form factor (e.g. reduced number of cells)
- Optimal energy consumption (e.g. optimal response time) and,
- Low cost (minimized number of components)
14:45 - 15:15 "ScenSor: An IEEE802.15.4a UWB Compliant Chip Ripe For Energy Harvesting"
- The World's first IEEE802.15.4a UWB wireless packet transmitted and successully coherently received in real time, Dublin March 09
- ScenSor consumes 200 times less transmit power than 15.4 and 20 times less receive power than 15.4
- ScenSor delivers 500m LOS and 45m NLOS operation
- ScenSot to sell at 2 Euro in volume.
15:15 - 15:45 "Challenges of Micro-Electronic Power Management in Energy Harvesting Applications"
- Requirements of ambient energy sources
- Trends in semiconductor technology concerning energy harvesting
- Sophisticated power management solutions
- Performance results of available prototypes