Registered delegates, click here to get electronic access to the presentations.
Read the review of the conference - click here
Order the Electronic Proceedings
Missed the conference, but still would like to access the papers given? Go to Register for more details on how to order.
Intelligent & Smart Packaging USA 2005
Tuesday 25 and Wednesday 26 January 2005
The Wyndham Resort, Orlando, Florida, USA
PLUS 3 optional masterclasses, Monday 24 January
Download a brochure: click here
At a glance
What Is Intelligent & Smart Packaging?
Intelligent or smart packaging can be defined as a pack which incorporates a disposable device which interacts with the consumer or its environment. There are a vast number of technologies and applications within this remit, but this conference programme focuses on the most important and significant ones likely to radically change brand management and the supply chain during the next ten years.
Major influencing technologies include:
- Radio Frequency Identification (RFID)
- Electronic Article Surveillance (EAS)
- Smart Inks and Diagnostics
- Polymer and other Laminar Electronics e.g. the transparent electronic package
Significant packaging applications include:
- Supply chain tagging including for tracking, tracing and control
Time–temperature indicators for demonstrating freshness, doneness, product integrity, quality and safety etc.
Fun and information features such as sound and image interactivity to enhance brand packaging and point of sale
Consumer interactivity and error prevention – dosage and compliance devices, refrigerator reordering, auto cooking in the microwave, disposable timers on hair dye etc.
Anti-theft and stock control benefits within the supply chain
Interactive security and anti-counterfeiting devices
Attending Intelligent & Smart Packaging USA enables you to not only get up to speed with cutting edge technology and market developments, but to keep up with the latest news on an ongoing basis. Register as a conference delegate, and you will receive the following exciting benefits:
- Attendance at the conference - two days of intensive presentations and case studies from over 30 companies
- A full documentation pack with all speaker papers included and a free knowledge kit on Intelligent & Smart Packaging, with recent articles and news from Pira and IDTechEx
- Networking benefits - talk to other consumer good companies, innovative new technology suppliers, retailers, consultants, academics and find out what's really happening in the marketplace. Seize lots of opportunities for informal interactivity via workshops, debates, Meet the Experts jazz drinks receptions and luncheons
- Electronic access to all speaker papers and profiles
- 6-month access to IDTechEx' Smart Packaging Journal and Pira's Active & Intelligent Packaging News, giving you unrivalled coverage of technical and strategic industry developments
- Access to the trade show where key manufacturers and suppliers of intelligent technologies showcase their products and services
- Opportunity to book one of three in-depth briefing sessions prior to the conference