EVモーター製造事業に関するこの解析評価は、EVバリューチェーンならびにこれに対する参入を検討する事業者すべてにとって有益な資料となります。これは特に市場のニッチ、買収、投資およびベストプラクティスを追求する事業者にとって有益なものです。このレポートは、IDTechEx 資料「電気自動車の電機モーター：陸海空へ 2020-2030年」の姉妹版となります。このレポートは、100種のカテゴリーにおける見通しを含む技術ロードマップおよび市場を対象としています。
This critical appraisal of EV motor manufacturing activity will be of interest to all in the EV value chain and those wishing to enter it. In particular, it will be useful to those seeking gaps in the market, acquisitions, investments and best practice. The report is a sister to the IDTechEx publication, "Electric Motors for Electric Vehicles: Land, Water, Air 2020-2030". That report deals with the technology roadmaps and the markets including forecasting in 100 categories.
In contrast "Electric Vehicle Motor Manufacturers and Developers: 255 Analysed and Assessed" deals with the organisations involved, looking closely at the latest situation worldwide for over 250 entities and their future, including electric vehicle manufacturers developing their own motors. Such information has previously been unavailable. The organisations reviewed by country, motor type, customers, recent news and plans break down as follows:
Highlighted in the listings are the above distinctions and the larger players, those likely to achieve $1 billion sales in 2030, those assessed against IDTechEx criteria to be most worth acquiring subject to further checks. We provide warning, praise, future plans and over 40 new original photographs and infograms.
To this end we:
- Appraise a significant number of vehicle manufacturers making at least some of their own motor needs.
- Identify which companies are making technological and marketing advances that can lead to substantial business. That includes startups and vehicle manufacturers making for themselves or in joint ventures.
- Assess which companies have the capabilities and approach that can lead to at least $1 billion in EV motor system sales in the open market in 2030. These are all participating in a substantial manner already and they include those with large EV motor sales and good positioning but also those with more modest sales but strong acquisition programs.
- Examine the prevalence of players by region across the world.
- Reveal the extent to which EV manufacturers often make their own motors, seeing them as key enabling technology.
- Name medium and small EV motor manufacturers and developers that are a good start for investigation by those many organisations seeking acquisitions and providing insights into them that are rarely available on the web. This is based primarily on their participation in technologies gaining market share such as axial flux, PM free synchronous, synchronous reluctance and derivatives, e-axle, in-wheel and/or high voltage but also on marketing aspects. For example, a company in axial flux with no uniques that has been asleep for years in sales terms and is not responding to the voice of the customer is not recommended. We do not establish if companies have satisfactory financials or whether they are available for purchase.
- Establish which are the largest players so far.
- Deduce which applicational and technological sectors are oversupplied and where market niches are appearing.