Presentations and audio are available only where permission has been given by the speaker. If you have any problems please contact Ali Lewis at a.lewis@IDTechEx.com
Download individual presentations
- please click on speaker/company names in the list below the table.
Wednesday December 03, 2008
Thin, Flexible Printed Batteries (14:50 - 17:10)14:50 - 15:15 "Thin, Printed, Flexible Batteries"
15:15 - 16:20 "Organic radical battery"
- Organic radical battery is a new class of rechargeable battery using charge storage plastic.
- Bendable battery can be fabricated because flexible polymer is used as the electrode material. .
- Organic radical batteries are considered suitable power sources for plastic electronics.
16:20 - 16:45 "Ultrathin Flexible Rechargeable Micro Energy Cell (MEC"TM") for embedding in Printed Electronics Applications"
- Infinite Power Solutions is supplying a postage stamp sized energy storage device to makers of thin-film and Organic PhotoVoltaic cell arrays, with efficient acceptance and storage of PV generated currents even down to room lighting levels;
- Perfectly suited for harvesting of RF, Heat, Light, or Kinetic Energy, in any combination, the cell essentially lasts forever;
- The cell is packaged to be compatible with any attachment or lamination process, and permanently embedded into any autonomous managed energy platform.
16:45 - 17:10 "Emerging technologies and market opportunities in thin-film batteries"
- The increasing prevalence of smart cards, RF devices, remote sensors and implantable medical devices is driving demand for smaller, flexible energy storage technologies.
- Different battery types, such as primary zinc/manganese dioxide and primary and secondary lithium chemistries, are battling to find niches which suit their cost and performance profiles.
- The micro power market is unlike any other battery market, characterized by huge unit shipments in the billions each year, but at tiny unit prices measured in cents instead of dollars - this talk will delve into the key aspects of what it will take to be successful in this space.