Supercapacitors USA 2012
upercapacitors provide a new technological solution for the energy storage needs in many industries. Bridging the gap between capacitors and batteries, supercapacitors deliver high power and energy densities increasingly closer to rechargeable batteries, a characteristic suited for many current and future industry needs. From instant flashlight power in mobile technologies to instant acceleration power in an electric vehicle, they are substituting and supplementing the functions of rechargeable batteries.
In comparison with rechargeable batteries they endure higher number of cycles, can be charged and discharged a hundred times faster and since their performance does not suffer from the same degradation processes of rechargeable batteries they reach 20 years of useful life.
They are almost always bought for better performance such as starting a truck at minus 40°C. They are very rarely bought because their upfront price is attractive compared to alternatives but they often give lower cost-over-life of a system.
By the end of the decade, up front costs will be more competitive. The primary applications include replacing, protecting and enhancing batteries - with capacitor replacement usually only occurring in electronic applications.
Supercapacitors USA is the leading conference on the subject for this rapidly growing multi-billion dollar market. It will focus on the applications now and in the future, market forecasts and opportunities as well as give the latest technology trends, providing a global platform where users, investors, suppliers, developers, system integrators and government representatives come together.
- How supercapacitors replace batteries – what next?
- Road map of how supercapacitors and supercabatteries are improving and what markets this will open up.
- 10 year forecasts for supercapacitors and supercabatteries.
- Present and future markets for supercapacitors and supercabatteries
- Technical challenges and improvements needed for supercabatteries to fully realise their potential
- The future of EV’s using supercapacitors: Can vehicles run entirely on supercapacitors?, Applications for supercapacitors(cold start, regenerative breaking, etc.), Supercapacitors in military applications
- Supercapacitor applications in consumer electronics
- Printing technology and supercapacitors
- Materials in energy storage: Graphene, Carbon Nanotubes, Lithium
- The role of energy storage in renewable energy technologies: challenges and solutions
Supercapacitors USA is co-located with Energy Harvesting & Storage and Wireless Sensor Networks & RTLS. All attendees have access to any of the following conferences and tradeshow areas, giving you broader coverage in related areas of all the emerging technologies.
Energy Harvesting & Storage addresses the exciting new progress of extracting energy from heat, light, motion, biology, RF and other means to power small devices to vehicles. This IDTechEx event, focusing on the uses, potential users and market forecasts as well as giving the latest technology trends, is the meeting place for users, investors, suppliers, developers, system integrators and government representatives.
Wireless Sensor Networks (WSN) will be used to automatically monitor building occupancy and climate control, oil and gas pumping, industrial manufacture processes, forest fires, traffic, assets in hospitals and other buildings and much more over wide areas over the coming years. This event appraises the technologies, markets and opportunities, bringing the community together.