Energy storage is a broad term and the energy can be stored in different forms. With the mature application of consumer electronics, rapid progress of electric vehicles, and fast adoption of stationary energy storage systems, energy storage (especially electrochemical energy storage) has attracted tremendous attention from the public.
IDTechEx has been tracking the development of energy storage for more than a decade and the focuses of IDTechEx research are within three aspects: technology, application, and form factors, which help to cover a wide range of energy-storage-related innovations, progresses, analysis and evaluation. In this webinar, you will hear the hot topics of 2020 in the area of energy storage.
Some highlights include:
- Introduction of IDTechEx's research on energy storage
- Market and status of flexible, thin-film and printed batteries
- Introduction of solid-state batteries,
- Li-ion market and technology development, Li-ion battery recycling, Li-ion battery patents
- Supercapacitor development
- Redox flow batteries and their markets
- Hydrogen economy and fuel cells
- Potential stationary energy storage technologies