IDTechEx provides independent business intelligence, business/technology/strategic consulting, market analysis and business to business events in high-growth emerging technology areas, including topic areas such as 3D printing, advanced materials, electric vehicles, energy storage, energy harvesting, life sciences, printed electronics, RFID,the Internet of Things, wearable technology, robotics and sensors.
Founded in 1999, IDTechEx has grown into a global company with bases in the UK, Germany, USA, Japan and Korea. We have an international team representing more than 15 nationalities. Learn more by watching our brief company introduction video
We have an exciting opportunity for applicants who have specific technical expertise in chemistry/electrochemistry to work as an analyst. Particularly where relating to areas such as batteries; supercapacitors; fuel cells; thermal chemical and mechanical energy storage.
This position will be ideal for someone who wishes to travel extensively and work within a multinational team of bright and ambitious analysts at the exciting interface of emerging technologies. IDTechEx will facilitate your rapid personal and professional growth.
You will develop your expertise and gain worldwide recognition on a range of emerging technology areas, assessing both the technical and the commercial aspects.
You will use your knowledge, insight and analysis to deliver unmatched business intelligence on emerging technologies and to help our clients make business-critical informed decisions regarding their technology strategies.
You will travel internationally to learn and interpret the latest developments in your domain, to meet customers and innovative companies, to disseminate your knowledge and to promote IDTechEx at a global level.
You will be given client-facing responsibilities from the very start and there will be ample opportunity to participate in a range of strategic business development and marketing activities.
We expect you to become the number one analyst/consultant in your domain of expertise. You will be recognised as a leading, trusted name in the industry so that you can become the go-to reference point for companies seeking business intelligence and/or commercialization advice.
• Conduct technology assessments; provide business insights, market forecasts and player analysis to write reports and/or deliver consulting projects.
• Conduct and track technology progress via company updates and regulation changes through face-to-face, telephone meetings and conference attendance, etc.
• Visit clients in person or conduct telephone interviews (often with global players)
• Represent IDTechEx at both our own international events and forums as well as other leading industry conferences. You will be expected to present your research findings and strategic insights where possible
• Actively promote IDTechEx and its products and services by writing articles, giving interviews with the media and delivering public speeches
• Assist our Events team with building conference programmes and developing topic-specific event strategy
• Be proactive in helping our business development team win new opportunities
• A strong record of academic achievement, including a Undergraduate/Master's degree in a STEM subject. A PhD is desirable, but not necessarily required.
• 1-2 years technical/commercial experience ideally in a relevant industry
• Deep knowledge in areas such as electrochemistry, physical chemistry
• A desire and drive to continuously learn about emerging technologies, their real-world applications, market status and player activities.
• Excellent ability to seek out and present compelling new information and articulate an analysis both verbally and in writing, with accompanying visuals (charts, infographics, etc.)
• Strong attention to detail and quantitative problem-solving skills
• Experienced user of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Must be confident in giving presentations in front of an audience
• Able to work independently with minimal supervision as well as having a collaborative attitude to your as well as having a collaborative attitude to your work, you are expected to be part of a team and coach and motivate others when necessary
All our analysts will have many customer facing responsibilities. We will expect you to be highly confident and have excellent interpersonal skills. It goes without saying that we want you to be hugely resourceful and ambitious.
You must be able to travel regularly and have eligibility to work in the UK on applying for this role.
How to apply
To apply please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have a LinkedIn profile please include the link as well.
The position will be located in the UK at our Cambridge office, we are however flexible on working arrangements