Despite COVID the 3D Printing Market Will Be Worth $45bn in 2030
Nov 24, 2020 Annick Garrington
3D Printing and Additive Manufacturing 2020-2030: COVID Edition
Global technology market forecasts
3D printing has received much attention in the press over recent years. Hyped as the technology to bring about a 3rd industrial revolution, 3D printing technologies were in fact invented in the early 80s. They remained a niche technology until the expiration of a key patent in 2009 allowed many startups to emerge offering cheap consumer-level 3D printers. A media frenzy in 2012 thrust 3D printing into the limelight and 2016 saw Hewlett Packard and General Electric enter the 3D printing space. Even after the media hype some market sectors are still reporting huge growth rates.
Technology and applications
Today, the 3D printing market comprises multiple different printer technologies. This report takes an in-depth look into established printer types including Vat Photopolymerisation (SLA/DLP/CLIP), Powder Bed Fusion (SLS/DMLS/EBM); Material Extrusion, Material Jetting, Binder Jetting, Directed Energy Deposition and Sheet Lamination. Key technological capabilities, applicable markets, SWOT analyses and key manufacturers are discussed for each established printer type. In addition, nascent printer technologies are introduced, and their technological capabilities evaluated.
This report forecasts the overall 3D printing market to 2030, with in depth discussion of currently commercialised and emerging printer technologies. The current state of the printer market is analysed, and long-range forecasts from 2020-2030 for revenue by technology, revenue stream and end user industry are evaluated.
IDTechEx conducted exhaustive primary research with companies positioned throughout the entire 3D printing value chain for key insights into the trends impacting growth to 2030. Over 60 company profiles have been included in the report including Stratasys, 3D Systems, EOS, Concept Laser GmbH and Arcam AB, amongst others.
Key questions that are answered in this report
- How will COVID impact the 3D printing industry?
- What are the current and emerging printer technology types in 2020?
- How do metrics such as price, build speed, build volume and precision vary by printer type?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of different 3D printing technologies?
- Which printers support different material classes?
- What is the current installed base of 3D printers?
- What is the price range of 3D printers by technology type?
- What are the market shares of those active in the market?
- What are the key drivers and restraints of market growth?
- How will sales of different printer types evolve from 2020 to 2030?
Click here to download sample slides from this report.
To find out more about the IDTechEx report "3D Printing and Additive Manufacturing 2020-2030: COVID Edition", please visit www.IDTechEx.com/3DP or contact us at Research@IDTechEx.com.
To view the full 3D printing and additive manufacturing market research portfolio from IDTechEx, please visit www.IDTechEx.com/Research/3D.