IDTechEx Forecasts US$27Bn in 2033 for Electronic Skin Patches Market
Nov 10, 2022 Andy Ko
New IDTechEx Report Forecasts US$27Bn in 2033 for Electronic Skin Patches Market
As the world adopts more wearable technology into our daily lives, the next generation of electronic wearables are ascending: the electronic skin patch. In diabetes and heart monitoring, electronic skin patches have already transformed the industry. These devices may well enable a revolution for the rest of healthcare and beyond.
IDTechEx have published their latest research, "Electronic Skin Patches 2023-2033", which estimates that the electronic skin patch market will grow to over US$27bn by 2033. This market research report characterizes the markets, technologies, and players in electronic skin patches. With coverage across 13 application areas, historic market data from 2010-2022, and electronic skin patches market forecasts from 2023 to 2033, it is the most comprehensive study compiled for this product area.
Interest in electronic skin patches began in the early 2010s. The industry has come a long way since and not slowing down. Source: IDTechEx - "Electronic Skin Patches 2023-2033"
In many ways, electronic skin patches are the goal for wearable electronics, augmenting the wearer with minimal burden and maximum comfort. Interest in electronic skin patches began in the early 2010s, and the industry has come a long way. For example, in the past ten years, electronic skin patches have transformed the industry for diabetes. The IDTechEx report discusses how continuous glucose monitors and insulin pumps can slash the daily burden of disease management for the wearer. The report also looks at the next steps for technology innovation to further improve diabetes management. The report explores how electronic skin patches are rocking the heart monitoring industry by enabling caregivers to monitor patients with greater accuracy, wirelessly, and in real-time. The industry's rapid growth, with a CAGR of 19.8% from 2010 to 2022, demonstrates the incredible value of electronic skin patches. The industry is not slowing down; the IDTechEx report identifies several rising stars and untapped markets to watch in the coming years.
The main contents covered in "Electronic Skin Patches 2023-2033" are:
- Executive summary & conclusions
- Introduction to electronic skin patches
- Diabetes - continuous glucose monitors and insulin pumps
- Cardiac rhythm monitoring - Holter monitor, Event monitor, extended wear Holter monitor, and mobile cardiac telemetry
- General patient monitoring - Inpatient monitoring, outpatient monitoring, and decentralized clinical trials
- Temperature sensing
- Electrical stimulation
- Sweat sensing
- Other applications: Motion sensing, wound sensing, and others.
- Manufacturing process technologies and materials
- Electronic skin patches market total across 13 sectors, including historical data 2010-2022 and forecast 2023-2033
- Over 40 company profiles, including interviews
The report looks at each application area for electronic skin patches, discussing the relevant technology, product types, competitive landscape, industry players, pricing, historic revenue, and market forecasts. Key aspects of the report include:
- The rise of CGM and development towards non-invasive glucose monitoring
- The ecosystem for cardiovascular skin patches and the reimbursement and funding scenario
- Vital sign monitoring and growing use in clinical trials
- Reviews of other niche sectors, including various temperature monitoring use cases, iontophoresis, electrical stimulation, and more
- Manufacturing process of electronic skin patches and emerging material options
- Market analysis, including reviews of electronic skin patch players throughout each key sector, analyzed from over 130 companies, including over 40 profiles and case studies
- Historic electronic skin patch market data from 2010-2022 and market forecasts from 2023-2033 spanning 13 sectors, including full narrative, limitations, and methodologies
To learn more about the IDTechEx report "Electronic Skin Patches 2023-2033", including downloadable sample pages, please visit www.IDTechEx.com/patches.