Speakers from the world's largest organizations will share their needs and experiences with many world first announcements. Learn of the requirements and case studies from end users and hear all about the latest innovations from companies across the value chain.
A New Energy Storage Technology For The Internet-of-Things
Santa Clara Convention Center, CA, USA
Conference Room B
12:50 - 13:10
• The Internet of Things (IoT) is becoming reality now. Smart objects are entering our personal and professional lives and offer unprecedented opportunities.
• Non-toxic, rechargeable and flexible power sources with a tailorable form factor are key elements for such applications.
• Creavis, the strategic innovation unit of Evonik, is developing materials for organic polymer batteries to fulfill these requirements.
• This new patent-pending technology is targeting IoT applications in markets like health & well-being and logistics & retail.
• The developed materials are environmentally benign and can be processed via printing technologies. This allows for a seamless integration of the battery into the production process, creating new dimensions of design freedom.
Dr. Michael Korell began his professional career in 1996 as a team leader in Research and Development at the former Hüls AG in Marl. In 1999 he took over the position of Business Development Manager and later Director Marketing & Business Development at Degussa Corporation in Parsippany, USA. Afterwards, between 2006 and 2008, he worked as Head of the Specialty Building Blocks Product Line of the former Building Blocks Business Unit at the Marl site. From mid-2008 until the end of 2012, Mr. Korell was Head of Innovation Management Adhesive Resins & Sealants of the Coating & Adhesive Resins Business Line. At the end of 2012 Dr. Korell won the business unit Coatings & Additives' Corporate Intrapreneurship Award. Since 2014 he is part of Evonik strategic innovation unit Creavis, responsible for a project on new energy storage materials.
Evonik is the creative industrial group from Germany. In our core business of specialty chemicals, we are a global leader. In addition, it has energy and residential real estate operations. Our performance is shaped by creativity, specialization, reliability and continuous self-renewal. The Evonik´s Inorganic Materials Technology Solutions business segment offers a wide spectrum of custom-designed products to address economic megatrends and future markets. These include specialty metal oxides and dispersions for transparent conductive coatings and antistatic films both suitable for printing processes.
This conference is co-located with other relevant conferences at the IDTechEx Show! Your conference pass allows you to access any conference sessions.