Microorganisms are everywhere. Invisible to the naked eye, they live on our skin, in our gut, and are abundant in the environment around us. While the majority of microorganisms are benign, there are those that humans want to combat - for example, those with the potential to cause life-threatening diseases.
Antimicrobial technologies, referring to additives and coatings that inactivate and kill microorganisms, are one of the tools humans have against these "invisible enemies". The protection offered by antimicrobial technologies are continuous and are active in the background without any human intervention.
Attendees will learn:
- What are the key antimicrobial technologies on the market today?
- How do they work? Mechanisms of action for key antimicrobial technologies
- Innovations in antimicrobial technologies - what are companies developing?
- Applications and key drivers of the antimicrobial technology industry
- Effect of the COVID-19 pandemic on the antimicrobial technology industry