InnovationLab produces the printed sensor Occlusense® for Dr. Jean Bausch GmbH & Co. KG. With this sensor, the force between teeth can be measured during biting. This novel tool for dentists and orthodontists allows an insight into pressure distributions. It helps preventing secondary diseases like headache, but also malpositioning of the jawbones what leads to serious harming of the joints. Furthermore, the path in the development of such a sensor from the idea to a mass-product will be discussed.
• since 07/2018 Technology Cooperation Manager, InnovationLab GmbH, Heidelberg, Germany.
• 2013-2018 group leader "Terahertz-Opto-Electronics" and leader of the application lab "TeraTec" , Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft (Fraunhofer IPM and Fraunhofer ITWM), Kaiserslautern, Germany.
• 2009-2013 Scientist, Karlsruhe Institute of Technologie, Karlsruhe, Germany.
• 2007-2008 Project Engineer, Fachhochschule Kaiserslautern, Zweibrücken, Germany.
• 2009-2013 Dr. Ing. Electrical Engineering, Karlsruhe Institute of Technologie, Karlsruhe, Germany.
• 2007-2009 M.Eng. in Microystems-Technology, Fachhochschule Kaiserslautern, Zweibrücken, Germany.
• 2003-2007 Dipl. Ing. (FH) in Mikrosystemtechnik, Fachhochschule Kaiserslautern, Zweibrücken, Germany.
InnovationLab GmbH (iL) is a joint, application-oriented platform for research, knowledge transfer, and commercialization of innovative technologies in the field of Printed Organic Electronics. Key to InnovationLab's mission are cooperative research, training the next generation, and finally transforming inventions into marketable products. The combination of the own and specific expertise of different partners enables InnovationLab to accompany the entire process of products "from Lab to Fab". InnovationLab is a unique partner for development and commercialization of processes and systems for printed electronic structures, circuits, and devices, taking customers from small volume lab scale printing to pilot line volumes and beyond.