Our Registered Office and Business Headquarters are based at: 9 Hills Road, Cambridge, CB2 1GE, United Kingdom
You can contact us by email via privacy@IDTechEx.com and by phone on +44 (0)1223 812 300. Our Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) registration reference is Z6740497.
We are committed to:
- protecting your personal data,
- being transparent about our collection and use of your personal data, and
- respecting your privacy.
Personal data is any information that identifies an individual or can be used to help identify an individual; for example, a name, email address, IP address or location data.
This policy explains the following with respect to your personal data:
- what information we collect from you and how we collect it,
- why we collect it and our legal basis for doing so,
- how we use it,
- who we share it with,
- where we store it,
- how long we keep it for, and
- your rights.
References to the "GDPR" are to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679. Our Privacy Officer can be contacted directly via firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Personal Data do we collect?
We only ever collect the personal data that we need from you and keep the personal data we hold on an ongoing basis to a minimum.
We collect and process your personal data when you engage with us for the provision of our products and services, when you use our site, when you register your attendance on one of our events, when you attend one of our events, when you join our event speaker programme, or when you apply for career opportunities with IDTechEx. This may be personal data you provide to us, that we collect about you and/or information we receive from other sources.
Information you give us
The personal data you give us may include your:
- e-mail address,
- phone number,
- financial and credit card information,
- personal description,
- interests in the topics we cover and products that we provide,
- photograph, and
- employment information for recruitment - Job title, company name, work contact details and previous roles.
We would ask you to ensure that the personal data you provide to us is kept up-to-date and therefore please contact us if you need to amend any of your personal data.
Information we collect about you
Each time you visit our site we automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products or services you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources
We use approved third parties to provide services to us (including, for example, business partners, resellers, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
We may also collect information from third party referrals including from within IDTechEx, social media sites and other public internet sites such as LinkedIn, and public resources such as telephone directories, white papers, commercially available marketing lists, registries and public records.
How do we use your Personal Data?
We use information that we hold about you in the following ways:
- to provide you with information about our products or services that you request from us (contract),
- to provide you with products or services that you have requested and to invoice you (contract),
- to provide you with information about other products or services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about (legitimate interests on the basis that this would not be unexpected contact from us as you have purchased a product or service already from us, attended an event or made an enquiry),
- to notify you about changes to our products or services (legitimate interests on the basis that this would be useful information for you to receive as a current or former customer),
- to enable you to participate in our events and to facilitate the smooth running of events (legitimate interests in that we have to manage and operate our events),
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer (legitimate interests in that we have a business interest in presenting our content in the most effective manner),
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes (legitimate interests in that we need to carry out regular maintenance and testing on our site),
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure (legitimate interests for us to maximise safety and security for both parties),
- to provide you with direct marketing information by email, post or telephone call (legitimate interests on the basis that we have a legitimate business interest to manage and promote our business and brand, and this is business to business marketing that we tailor to your industry sector),
- to provide you with newsletters in response to your request (consent), and
- to process information to attract talent, to assess your suitability for work and to determine to whom to offer a contract (contract).
Where legitimate interests are mentioned above, a legitimate interest will only apply where we consider that your interests or rights which require protection of your personal data do not override our legitimate interests. Please contact our Privacy Officer by email via privacy@IDTechEx.com if you require further information regarding our legitimate interests as applied to your personal information.
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting us at any time.
Information we receive from other sources
In certain circumstances, we combine information we receive from other sources with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Who do we share your Personal Data with?
We may share your information with our subsidiaries for the purposes of providing our products and services to you and for other purposes outlined below.
We share your information with selected third parties including:
- business partners, sponsors, attendees and registered exhibitors at our events, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you,
- business partners, customers and suppliers of our presentations, videos, webinars (IDTechEx Webinar Service), web journals and other marketing and introductory services we provide
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site, and
- our subscription or consulting customers where you have provided consent for us to do this.
Our selected third parties are required by us to treat your personal data as carefully as we would and may only act on our instructions with regard to their use of your personal data.
If IDTechEx has agreed to book accommodation on your behalf information such as your name will be shared with the hotel in order to complete the booking.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in the event that:
- we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will be obliged to disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets,
Where do we store your Personal Data?
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). Such destinations may include countries where the level of protection provided for your personal data is not considered adequate by the European Union authorities. However, in such situations, we ensure that we put in place adequate safeguards to protect your personal data. Your personal data may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services.
Security and Confidentiality
We have implemented administrative, technical and physical security measures to help prevent unauthorised access.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We make efforts to restrict access to information to only those employees, contractors and agents who need such access in order to operate, improve, or deliver our products and services.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential and to report suspected unauthorised activity to us. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
How Long do we keep your Personal Data for?
We seek to ensure that we only keep your personal data for the longest of: (i) the period necessary for the relevant purposes set out above; (ii) any retention period that is required by law; or (iii) the period necessary in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
When we no longer need to keep your personal data, we undertake to delete it and dispose of it securely. If you make a request, unless we explain otherwise to you, we will delete your data unless there is a legitimate requirement (such as legally, or contractually) for us to keep it for longer period of time.
You have the following rights in connection with your personal data:
- where we are processing your personal data on the basis of consent then you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us by email via privacy@IDTechEx.com, and
- the right to obtain a copy of your personal data which we hold about you.
- you may unsubscribe from any mailing list by following the instructions provided within the distributed mail.
In certain circumstances you have the right to:
- have your personal data erased,
- restrict processing of your personal data,
- object to the processing of your personal data, or
- have your personal data transferred to a third party.
If you wish to exercise your rights, please contact our Privacy Officer by email via privacy@IDTechEx.com.
If you have an issue or complaint arising under this policy then, in the first instance, please contact our Privacy Officer by email via privacy@IDTechEx.com. If you are not satisfied with our handling of your issue or complaint then you have the right, under Article 77 of the GDPR, to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office (https://ico.org.uk/concerns/).
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Contacting us via Social Media
IDTechEx maintains a presence on various media sites including Twitter, Facebook, Xing, YouTube, WeChat and LinkedIn. We manage your interactions with us using various platforms as well as using social media directly.
If you send us a message via social media, we may capture this message in our internal systems.
Applying for an open position with us
If you apply for an advertised position at IDTechEx, we will use the information you send us to assess your application. We may process information about you to assess your suitability for work and to determine whom we offer an employment contract to.
We use a technology called "cookies" as part of a normal business procedure to track patterns of behaviour of visitors to our site. Cookies are small files of information which save and retrieve information about your visit to our websites.
- Maintain your active session
- Store your preferences
- Track the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns
- Analyse the way people use our websites
- Gather data on how our websites are performing
Governing Law and Jurisdiction