New materials and manufacturing processes are enabling improved devices or completely new ones, from displays to smart windows to smart packaging.
In some cases completely new markets are created, in others the devices offer benefits by allowing companies to differentiate their products from the competition. Investment can be significant and commercialization controlled by the solution providers rather than those supplying the core enabling materials.
Companies that seek to profit in this sector need to:
- Understand market requirements and have clear quantification of the opportunity at each part of the supply chain
- Understand the enabling technologies, assessment of these and their providers
- Know the competitive landscape
- Identify and assess companies throughout the value chain for potential partnership, acquisition and customer/client collaboration
- Stay appraised of latest global trends, what is coming next, and what it means with impartial insight
Topics covered in Emerging Devices area: