Low Power Wide Area Networks (LPWAN) have developed in multiple ways. On one hand you have the low power, unlicensed communication technologies, some of which are highly proprietary and focused on a particular application, versus large telecoms companies who have added low power versions as extensions of their cellular network. There are many types available with different governments and territories pushing different types.
In this webinar, Raghu Das (CEO, IDTechEx) and Dr Lulu Jiang (Technology Analyst, IDTechEx) will discuss:
- Low Power Wireless Networks Explained: Sigfox, NB-IoT, LoraWan and others
- Numbers of connections by network type and application
- Who may win and why
- Key features for 5G: fast speed, massive connections and low latency
- The main applications that 5G will offer
- Summary of 5G technique innovations such as physical layer, architecture etc.
- Key techniques of mmWave, massive MIMO and spectrum sharing
- Current state of 5G: Standardisation and trails
- Challenges and future of 5G