Fuel cells (FC), particularly those based on hydrogen, have long been heralded as the solution for electric transportation. While batteries have stolen the scene in recent years, IDTechEx has identified a number of applications where FCs can offer a better solution than Li-ion batteries, especially when it comes to range and fast refuelling. We believe this market can potentially boom to reach $200B by 2029.
In this webinar, Dr Lorenzo Grande provides an overview of key technology developments that impact on fuel cell market growth. Lorenzo is a senior technology analyst at IDTechEx and has prior experience in energy storage research.
Topics covered in this webinar include:
- Basics of PEM fuel cells
- New developments in 2017 and 2018
- Market drivers and main obstacles
- Main fuel cell players worldwide
- What the main challenges to commercialisation have been, historically
- The state of the art of fuel cell cars
- The underlying opportunities in commercial vehicles and other EV categories