Speciality chemicals are enabling the creation of new components and devices including displays, batteries, supercapacitors, printed electronics, stretchable electronics and much more. These present high-margin and high-volume opportunities for the chemical and fine materials industries as they are used to create game-changing components and devices.
The chemicals and materials of the new electronics and electrics are key to its future, whether it is invisible, tightly rollable, biodegradable, edible, employing the memristor logic of the human brain or possessing any other previously- impossible capability in a manufactured device. De-risking that material development is vital.
Companies that seek to profit in this sector need to:
- learn which existing electrical and electronic components can be improved with better materials/structures
- understand market requirements and have clear quantification of the opportunity at each part of the supply chain
- identify different markets that need similar materials and components to de-risk investment or to leverage the current product portfolio
- know the competitive landscape, IP and freedom to operate
- identify and assess companies throughout the value chain for potential partnership, acquisition and customer/client collaboration
- stay appraised of latest global trends, what is coming next, and what it means with impartial insight
Research samples to download: