Supercapacitors Europe 2013
Our Next Events
November 20 - 21 2013
1-2 April 2014
Europe's leading conference on the subject for this rapidly growing multi-billion dollar market
This international conference and tradeshow focuses on the future applications, market forecasts and opportunities as well as giving the latest technology trends, providing a global platform where users, investors, suppliers, developers, system integrators and government representatives come together.
If you would like your paper to be considered for the Supercapacitors Europe conference covering one or more of the topics below, please send details to firstname.lastname@example.org
- How supercapacitors replace batteries – what next?
- Road map of how supercapacitors and supercabatteries are improving and what markets this will open up
- 10 year forecasts for supercapacitors and supercabatteries
- Present and future markets for supercapacitors and supercabatteries
- Technical challenges and improvements needed for supercabatteries to fully realise their potential
- The future of EV's using supercapacitors: Can vehicles run entirely on supercapacitors?, Applications for supercapacitors(cold start, regenerative breaking, etc.), Supercapacitors in military applications
- Supercapacitor applications in consumer electronics
- Printing technology and supercapacitors
- Materials in energy storage: Graphene, Carbon Nanotubes, Lithium
- The role of energy storage in renewable energy technologies: challenges and solutions
Europe uses 25% of the world's supercapacitors but has only 6% of the world's supercapacitor manufacturers. The market is rocketing up at 30% compound - just look at the company results. Learn more at this event.
Market trends, forecasts and opportunities
We have passed into a period where electrical engineering applications have become more important than electronic ones. In 2013, 51% of the value market for supercapacitors and supercabatteries will be electrical engineering, this figure rising to 61% in 2023. More market trends and forecasts will be heard.
Technology and application innovation
Find out the latest developments - Improved aqueous electrolytes replacing flammable, toxic ones with fewer penalties. Graphene electrodes are among the most promising ways of improving energy and power density - theoretically to lithium-ion battery levels and beyond. Flexible laminar film, cloth or paper construction will get supercapacitors in many more locations.
End user applications: Electric vehicles, transportation, mobile devices, industrial
Bridging the gap between capacitors and batteries, supercapacitors deliver high power and energy densities increasingly closer to rechargeable batteries. From instant flashlight power in mobile phones to instant acceleration power, fast charging and fast regenerative braking in electric vehicles to temporary energy sources in applications where immediate power availability may be difficult such as UPS systems. Hear how they are substituting and supplementing the functions of rechargeable batteries.
In comparison with rechargeable batteries they endure higher number of cycles, can be charged and discharged a hundred times faster and reach at least 20 years of useful life. Supercapacitors were almost always bought for better performance such as starting a truck at minus 40B°C. They are very rarely bought because their upfront price is attractive compared to alternatives but they increasingly give lower cost-over-life of a system, less maintenance and more reliability. Through the coming decade, up- front costs and energy density will be ever more competitive, opening up many new applications.