Tuesday, 15 Nov 2011
Wednesday, 16 Nov 2011
Wednesday November 16, 2011
Wireless Sensor Network Development (11:20 - 12:10)11:20 - 11:45 "Dynamic Meshing - Next Gen WSN for the Dynamic World"
- Dynamic world applications present numerous challenges to mainstream WSN protocols. Smart Wireless Devices on the networks are required to be constantly connected and be able to intelligently adapt to always changing mobile environments in real time speeds. No longer can centralized logic approach satisfy ever-growing demands of dynamic networks.
- Next Gen WSN provides high performance mesh networking to enable new applications with mobility and flexibility. Dynamic Meshing logic eliminates all barriers mainstream WSN protocols could not overcome.
- Numerous additional opportunities arise with ability to combine RFID, Power Harvesting and Dynamic Meshing WSN technologies.
- IEEE 802.15.4 wireless mesh networks based on time-synchronized, channel hopping standards such as IEC62591 (WirelessHART) offer carrier-class reliability and network-wide low power, enabling every node to operate for many years on batteries or energy harvesting power sources.
- New low power wireless standards, such as ZigBee Green Power, 6LoWPAN and 802.15.4E, will bring ultra low power wireless sensors powered by energy harvesting to even broader markets.
- Examples of a variety of low power wireless mesh network applications will be presented, including data center energy management, equipment condition monitoring and process plant efficiency.
- Location aware, wire-free mesh networks can dramatically cut the installation cost of RTLS infrastructure, while offering the ability to simultaneously transmit wireless sensor data, control signals and accurate location information for both static and moving objects.