Wednesday November 20, 2013
The Graphene Opportunity in Supercapacitors (15:45 - 18:25)15:45 - 16:10 "Graphene in Energy Storage Applications"
• Inkjet-printed graphene micropatterns demonstrated for flexible packaged micro-supercapacitor that meets ARDEC designs requirement
• Opportunity to optimize: packaging material, current collector, electrode design, electrolytes selection, etc.
• New insight into fundamental research goal for hybrid 3D materials
• Institutional-level entrepreneurship activities through example of FlexTraPower - a Stevens spin-off
• Technology overview; properties and advantages of graphene for use in hybrid devices.
• Graphene/Carbon Nanotube hybrid supercapacitor for high surface area and rapid charge/discharge times.
• Graphene based biosensor hybrid for highly selective, sensitive, and rapid diagnostics and analyte detection
18:25 Day 1 ends