Wednesday November 20, 2013
Enabling IoT Infrastructure (14:30 - 18:25)14:30 - 14:55 "Low Power, Reliable Wireless Sensor Networks for the Internet of Things"
* The Internet of Things promises to make a greener, more efficient world, and the demand for easy access to sensor information has never been higher.
* Low power, reliable wireless sensor networks are a reality, and the speaker will share real-world examples of where they are being successfully deployed
* The ongoing Internet Protocol (IP) standards efforts will combine low power, reliable WSNs with the interoperability of IP systems.
M2M solutions for the broad M2M market
Business optimization & new business opportunities
Bridging silos to enable new application scenarios
- Towards a trusted ecosystem
- Combining building blocks for faster time to market
- Benefits of choosing open technologies in IoT
- Designing a scalable and evolutionary solution
Mobile is more than phones and tablets. Advances in technology are enabling machine to machine connections that are creating new revenue streams, operating models and opportunities to provide customer value. We are able to identify things by tagging them and can then sense them in the environment. Advances in nanotechnology are helping us infuse intelligence and processing power into objects to create thinking things. Advances in power technology allow us to power things more efficiently and for longer periods of time and in more remote locations than ever before. This session will cover how these technological advances are enabling new business opportunities like remote monitoring of things like machines, homes and even an individual's health, all of which once required face to face access. It will also detail how context aware devices can proactively push promotions to people in proximity to a particular location and can help items like luggage speak to the systems that move them indicating their location and status.
• From Connected Devices to a Connected Society
• How to Remotely Manage Connectivity - a scalable and secure solution
• Today's Experience from Emerging Use-cases
• Dynamic Lifetime Connectivity Management for the Internet of Things
• This presentation will provide an overview of the various types of wireless sensor network applications and network architectures.
• The presentation then provides a look at the various wireless technologies available and presents strengths and weaknesses of each technology as they pertain to the needs of these applications.
• The presentation will include cellular technologies, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and Bluetooth Low Energy, WirelessHART, as well as proprietary Frequency Hopping technology in the 900MHz and 2.4GHz bands
- Technology innovation in wireless sensor networking and GPS/GPRS solutions for the logistics industry
- From real-time asset tracking to real-time shipment monitoring
- Case study: Panalpina is sucessfully using WSN ang GPS/GPRS technologies for real-time monitoring of global pharmaceutical shipments
- Future outlook and expected impact on the global logistics industry
18:25 Day 1 ends