Thursday November 21, 2013
New Developments with Vehicles and Electric Vehicles (14:05 - 17:55)14:05 - 14:30 "SAE Standards Development Activities for Capacitive Energy Storage Devices, for Automotive Applications"
• The challenges related to capacitive energy storage systems used for propulsion, and how they differ from battery energy storage systems.
• The application of SAE and related Standards to Capacitive energy storage devices, used for propulsion.
• An overview of SAE J3051, under development.
• Future work in the development of Standards
- Market Trend and Portfolio for e-mobility
- The Battery System is a Key Component
- Battery Technology Challenges and Trends
• The National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) in collaboration with a USABC Workgroup analyzed the trade-offs between vehicle fuel economy and reducing the decade-old minimum energy requirement for power-assist HEVs resulting in a new set of lower-energy ESS (LEESS) targets that could be satisfied by a variety of technologies.
• NREL has developed a hybrid electric vehicle test platform for in-vehicle performance and fuel economy validation testing of the hybrid system using lower energy ESS devices based on these new targets.
• Hybrid electric vehicle (HEV) test platform approach and development.
• In vehicle evaluation and results from the test platform using a lithium-ion capacitor (LIC) energy storage system.
IDTechEx is a partner for the EU funded INTRASME project www.intrasme.eu a European Union FP7 Framework project.
This presentation will be given at Supercapacitors USA 2013 on Nov 21, 2013 and will be held in:
The Great America Meeting Room 1
Santa Clara Convention Center
5001 Great America Parkway
Santa Clara, CA 95054
This presentation is free of charge and open to all public.
This presentation will commence at 16:40 and end at 17:05
Registration will be open 20 minutes before the start.
To register for this free presentation please email C.Jennings@IDTechEx.com
In this presentation you will learn how the European Small and Medium Enterprises are improving their capacity and capability to more rapidly develop and implement products and services in the low carbon transportation and smart mobility sectors focusing on the changing role that SMEs have on innovation mechanisms for the transport sector.
This presentation will include:
• What is INTRASME
• INTRASME activities and project progress 2012 - 2013
• Examples of Innovative European SMEs involved in INTRASME - Capability Brochure presentation.
If your company is interested in partnering an European Electric Vehicle SME and collaborate in technology development and/or commercialisation of electric vehicle technology, this is a session you can't miss.
17:55 Day 2 ends