Electric Vehicles: Everything is Changing
|Individual conference presentations are now available to download
|Masterclass presentations are now available to download
The event "Electric Vehicles: Everything is Changing" will showcase the advances made and planned by researchers and vehicle makers for land, water and air vehicles. This year we showcase the big new move to integration in place of components-in-a-box. Think in-mold electronics, electronic 3D printing, smart skin. Add new systems such as sensor fusion, multiple energy harvesting, in-wheel systems, fast inductive charging.
- The global picture of the electric vehicle and parts market / read more here
- A global approach: East Asia's leading role in the industry / read more here
- Electric vehicles markets and opportunities / read more here
- Infrastructure / read more here
- Investment opportunities / read more here
What to expect
Uniquely, this event looks at how everything will change in an electric vehicle. Disruptive new mechanical, electrical and electronic systems will arrive for an ever widening variety of electric vehicles - 400kW mining and underwater giants to swarming electric flies. Winners penetrate more sectors. Innovation is benchmarked wherever it happens first. For instance, thermoelectrics and energy harvesting shock absorbers will soon appear first in many large vehicles - military to commercial.
Economy of scale with components and smart materials will be achieved by realising, for example, that e-cars, e-vacuum cleaners and e-lawn mowers will all drive themselves using the new sensor fusion. Bodywork of carbon fiber will become structural electronics storing energy, and incorporating printed wiring, embedded sensors and human interfaces - rich new pickings for chemicals and intermediate materials suppliers.
It is all here, with emphasis on the 15 year roadmap.
Feedback from past attendees:
I very much like your meetings, especially because you comprise exciting presentations from very different development fields in a single event.
Bosch Engineering GmbH
End-user experience and case studies
Presentations will be delivered by leading innovators from across land, water and air vehicles and their technologies.
- Sensors - supercapacitors - batteries - harvesters
- telematics - power
- electronics - smart windows etc.
Road map for SiC & GaN power - new motors
- planned quantum dot devices - harvesting windows and the many new range extenders - not just fuel cells.
- Graphene - carbon
nanotubes - self-healing
- polymers - stretchable and transparent electronics
- composites - heat management materials
- routes to >40% efficient PV etc.
New Vehicle Systems
- Autonomous vehicles
- connected vehicles
- in-wheel systems
- 48V & 700V systems
- inductive fast charging etc.