Electronic textiles (e-textiles) involves the integration of electronics with textiles to form "smart" textile products. Such devices promise greater discretion than most other wearable devices, such as smartwatches, and can be applied across multiple applications such as healthcare, wellness, and heating, to name a few. Recent developments, such as the COVID-19 pandemic and rising energy prices, have also highlighted the potential for e-textiles in certain key applications such as remote patient monitoring and space heating - IDTechEx anticipates the market for e-textiles to exceed US$780 M by 2033.
Yet e-textiles are not a new concept - for example, e-textiles for biometric monitoring have been of significant research and even commercial interest for several years now, and e-textiles have been deployed in certain product types (e.g. heated blankets) for even longer. With years of experience covering this topic, IDTechEx have identified several key learnings for current and prospective players involved in this growing market.
This webinar will explore these lessons in depth through discussions on:
- Market trends across key applications for e-textiles
- Manufacturing methods and how materials choice for e-textiles have evolved over the years
- Examples from notable relevant companies
- A review of the current state of the e-textiles market
- Potential opportunities and challenges for the industry