The Weightless SIG is a non-profit global standards organisation formed to coordinate the activities needed to deliver Weightless standards for wide-area Internet of Things connectivity. These activities include:
• Develop open standards for Weightless including Weightless-P for two-way connectivity, Weightless-N for light-weight low-cost systems and Weightless-W for white space spectrum.
• Manage ongoing evolution and upgrades to standards
• Administer the IPR policy and legal issues
• Develop and build an eco-system from applications providers to network operators.
• Manage testing, certification and licensing of the technologies.
Membership is open to all as is the ability to develop and influence standards. More information is available at www.weightless.org