Compared with traditional industrial robots that typically work in the manufacturing industries (i.e., car manufacturing), service robots, as an emerging category has gained lots of momentum during the past decade because of the increasing labor costs, labor shortage, technological improvements, reduction of robot prices, and many others. However, despite these advantages, service robotics is still at its early stage of development due to several reasons including high technical difficulty and small market demand.
As a broad topic, service robots can be used to automate many industries. While each application presents different technical difficulties and market conditions, the adoption of service robots varies significantly depending on the application scenarios. For example, mobile logistics and delivery robots are expected to lead the market thanks to the relatively low technical barrier and the large demand for the global courier and e-commerce industry. By contrast, underwater robots have a smaller market size because the harsh working environments increase the technical difficulty and restrict market adoption.
This webinar, presented by IDTechEx Technology Analyst Yulin Wang, will include:
- A summary of service robots, what are the dominant and non-dominant applications of service robots
- What applications are dominant and non-dominant
- Discussion of key enabling technologies and components
- Analysis of dominant applications and major market players
- An evaluation of drivers and barriers to market adoption
- Overview of the latest market forecasts for different regional markets, highlighting which regional markets are predicted to see the most growth over the next 10 years
More detailed information, including the full market forecasts and opportunities for non-dominant applications, can be found in IDTechEx's extensive new report on the topic, "Service Robots 2022-2032: Technologies, Players & Markets
". This report covers the six main categories of service robots, along with many detailed case studies, more than 35 company profiles, and technological/commercial readiness assessments.
Yulin Wang will also be presenting a second webinar on the topic:
Please do join us for this webinar too! Click here
to find out more.