Service robots, as a broad topic, covers a variety of applications including delivery robots, cleaning robots, social robots, agricultural robots, restaurant robots, and underwater robots. While each application of service robots presents different technology readiness levels and market conditions, their adoption rate varies significantly with some being very well commercialized such as delivery robots and cleaning robots, and others being less adopted (e.g., social robots, agricultural robots, restaurant robots, and underwater robots).
Needless to say, these more commercialized applications are expected to grow quickly thanks to their relatively low technical and capital barriers. Alongside these popular areas, IDTechEx expects other applications to gain significant momentum as well. Though some of them are small in market size and at a much earlier stage than those well-commercialized robots, a number of growth opportunities and co-benefits have shown up such as the increasing demand for underwater exploration, the trend for organic and precision farming, demand for social robots for autism treatment, and many others.
This webinar includes:
- A summary of service robots
- Dominant and non-dominant applications of service robots
- Analysis of the drivers and barriers to the non-dominant applications
- Introduction of major market players
- Opportunities and market gaps of the non-dominant applications
- Overview of the latest market forecasts for different application scenarios, highlighting which sectors are predicted to see the most growth over the next 10 years
More detailed information, including the full market forecasts and opportunities for non-dominant applications, can be found in IDTechEx's extensive new report on the topic, "Service Robots 2022-2032: Technologies, Players & Markets
". This report covers the six main categories of service robots, along with many detailed case studies, more than 35 company profiles, technological/commercial readiness assessments, and market opportunities for each type of robot.