Emerging technologies with a forecasted market value of $1.7 billion in 2030.
The electricity is facing a substantial change, due to the growing amount of renewable energies installed. Because of the necessity of decarbonise the electricity grid, a growing installation of variable renewable energies is expected for the future. Due to variable nature of renewable energies, such as wind and solar, the electricity grid requires energy storage devices to store the excess of electricity produced over the day. Moreover, energy storage devices are also employed to stabilise the power grid.
The webinar, presented by IDTechEx Technology Analyst Daniele Gatti, provides:
- An overview of the electricity grid, and the potential of stationary energy storage
- An explanation and classification of Gravitational Energy Storage (GES) technologies
- An overview of the Compressed Air Energy Storage (CAES) systems
- An overview of Liquified Air Energy Storage (LAES) systems
- Conclusions about the analysed technologies.