The commercial use of gas separation membranes is not new; the industry grew considerably from the 1980s to the early 2000s to become a stable market of modest size.
The market is now entering a new growth phase. This is driven by key market factors, primarily renewable energy and decarbonization applications with separation challenges, and technology advancements responding to those needs.
This webinar will provide a detailed overview of the technology and market landscape, including:
- Overview of the technical advantages, history, and limitations of gas separation membranes
- Technology appraisal of incumbent and emerging membrane materials
- Market analysis of the emerging application areas including biogas upgrading, carbon capture, and the hydrogen infrastructure
- For each market, a comparison against alternative separation techniques (e.g., PSA or cryogenic) and discussion on pain points and technical requirements
- Independent outlook and technology roadmap for the commercial penetration of membranes in the fields of energy and decarbonization
IDTechEx has a longstanding history in providing unbiased technical market analysis on advanced materials and decarbonization applications. "Gas Separation Membranes 2023-2033
" is a brand-new report that provides clarity on this evolving market with key market forecasts, technology roadmaps and player profiles.