Webinar Thursday 25 May 2017 - Electric Buses: Hotbed of Innovation
IDTechEx are hosting a free webinar on Thursday 25 May 2017.
Webinar Title: Electric Buses: Hotbed of Innovation and Large Orders
Date: Thursday 25 May 2017
Presenter: Dr Peter Harrop, Chairman, IDTechEx
Space is limited - reserve your seat today!
Despite prices halving, pure electric buses will be a business of nearly $500 billion in 2027, dwarfing pure electric cars. Indeed, a few years after that, overall car production collapses as more people live in cities where private cars are banned or very severely restricted and more people shop by internet. A boom in autonomous buses and bus-taxis results and they are totally new in form and function. Little wonder then that component suppliers and vehicle manufacturers are more and more interested in the future of the bus and how they can participate. This webinar shares some of the research for the IDTechEx report, Electric Buses 2017-2027 and drill down reports into the detail such as the wide bandgap semiconductors, multiplying near-wheel motors with different physics and the structural electronics used in the reinvented powertrains and bodywork. Some of the topics covered in the webinar will be:
- Who will be buying buses and what will they want?
- With the Chinese getting local orders up to one hundred times the size of those abroad, how can foreign component and bus manufacturers compete?
- With a small energy-independent electric bus on sale and a large bus operating with considerable range increase from solar panels, what will be possible later?
- How can hybrid buses compete?
- With cost reduction, the batteries become less important. With many extra functions being added, the power electronics is becoming more important. Autonomy will be important but not in the way some people believe. What next?
- What happened to in-wheel motors, static and dynamic inductive charging, supercapacitor and fuel cell power and regenerative suspension for buses?
- What are now seen as the most important innovations in bus technology to come?
We will be holding exactly the same webinar twice in one day. Please register for whichever session is most convenient for you.
Please note that your details may be shared with our sponsors.
Date: Tuesday 25 April 2017
Duration: 30 minutes plus 10 minutes for Q&A
Webinar #1: Europe & Asia-Pacific
10:00am (BST, GMT +1) London
11:00am (GMT +2) Amsterdam, Berlin, Rome
12:00noon (GMT +3) Athens, Jerusalem
5:00pm (GMT+8) Bangkok
6:00pm (GMT+9) Singapore, Taipei, Beijing
7:00pm (GMT+10) Tokyo, Seoul
9:00pm (GMT+12) Canberra
Webinar #2: Americas
9:00am (Pacific DT) USA & Canada
10:00am (Mountain DT) USA & Canada
11:00am (Central DT) USA & Canada
12:00noon (Eastern DT) USA & Canada
5:00pm (BST, GMT + 1) London