Mr Willard Tu, Embedded Segment Marketing
Nov 19, 2014.
• Moore's law is nearing its end and now More than Moore's law is taking over.
• Computing is still need to create contextual awareness, prognostic system maintenance, and layer intelligence it IoT devices
• Sensor devices to be on 24/7, this idea of Always-on changes the expectation of IoT.
• Why should we be inconvenienced to have to activate our vehicle voice recognition with a push of a button, why can we not simply talk to the car and have it "listen" to us at all times?
• Wearable medical devices are always-on, our body has many involuntary functions that don't stop when we go to sleep, and similarly technology needs to support us 24/7.
Speaker Biography (Willard Tu)
Willard Tu, Director - Embedded Solutionis Marketing, ARM, is based in Motown the automotive capital. Willard has focused his career on the embedded market segment, accumulating over 20 years of knowledge. He has worked for Motorola (Freescale), National Semi (TI), NEC Electronics (Renesas) in business development roles, and has spent the last 8 years at growing ARM's embedded market share.
Company Profile (ARM)
View ARM Timeline
ARM designs the technology that is at the heart of advanced digital products, from wireless, networking and consumer entertainment solutions to imaging, automotive, security and storage devices. ARM's comprehensive product offering includes RISC microprocessors, graphics processors, video engines, enabling software, cell libraries, embedded memories, high-speed connectivity products, peripherals and development tools. Combined with comprehensive design services, training, support and maintenance, and the company's broad Partner community, they provide a total system solution that offers a fast, reliable path to market for leading electronics companies.