Dr Erkki Soininen, VP Marketing and Sales
Santa Clara 2014 Presentation - Canatu Ltd*
Santa Clara 2014 Audio Presentation - Canatu Ltd*
Santa Clara 2014 Video Presentation - Canatu Ltd*
If you already have access, please [Login]
Access can be purchased via IDTechEx Credits
• Survey results for Canatu's "Future of Wearable Touch Devices" -survey.
• Wearable products, mobile devices and automotive require flexible and stretchable touch displays.
• This drives the need for high quality touch sensors that can be freely bent, formed, twisted and rolled .
• Canatu is the first specialty thin film maker that addresses the needs of the market with its 3 film product families: CNB™ Hi-Contrast Film, CNB™ Flex Film and CNB™ In-Mold Film.
• CNB™ Films have a record flexibility of 140 000 cycles around 1 mm radius and stretchability up to 100% resulting new design possibilities for twistable, foldable and 3D-formable touch-enabled electronics products.
• Transparent conductive CNB™ Films provide ultimate viewing experience for touch displays, with up to 40% higher display contrast compared to ITO.
• Canatu is in production of CNB™ Films now and has several sensor manufacturing partners in Asia.
講演者の経歴 (Erkki Soininen)
Erkki is Chief Operating Officer at Canatu since 2017. He has over 25 years of experience in international electronics business. He served as Vice President, Sales and Marketing at Canatu in 2011-2017. Before joining Canatu, he held various sales, business development, and technology management positions in Elcoteq, a global electronics manufacturing company where he created close relationships to mobile phone companies such as Nokia and Sharp. Prior to that, he worked for a display manufacturing company Planar Systems in R&D and business development. Erkki has a long track record in the development of optical thin films and nanotechnology. He enjoys turning technical innovations to sustainable business and he is passionate about improving user experience in display applications. Erkki holds a Dr. Technology (PhD) degree from the Helsinki University of Technology (currently Aalto University) in Finland.
View Canatu Timeline
Canatu's solutions bring the design freedom and user experience to the next level for 3D shaped touch devices and enable autonomous driving in any weather. Canatu develops and manufactures innovative 3D formable and stretchable films and sensors for touch and heater solutions. These transparent and conductive films can be integrated into plastic, glass, textile or leather enabling 3D touch displays, smart switches and other intuitive user interfaces as well as 3D shaped heater solutions.
Canatu supplies these unique CNB™ films and touch sensors to touch module vendors and OEM's in several industries, for example automotive and consumer electronics. Canatu is headquartered in Finland, with sales locations in Europe, US, China and Taiwan, Japan and Korea.
Canatu - Shaping surfaces into experiences. www.canatu.com