We are IDTechEx Limited registered in England with company number 03816360.
Our registered office address is: c/o Lakin Rose Limited, Pioneer House, Vision Park, Histon, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, CB24 9NL, United Kingdom. Our headquarters are at: Downing Park, Station Road, Swaffham Bulbeck, Cambridge, CB25 0NW, United Kingdom.
You can contact us by email via privacy@IDTechEx.com and by phone on +44 (0)1223 812 300.
Our Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) registration reference is Z6740497.
We are committed to:
- protecting your personal data,
- being transparent about our collection and use of your personal data, and
- respecting your privacy.
Personal data is any information that identifies an individual or can be used to help identify an individual; for example, a name, email address, IP address or location data.
We do our very best to keep your personal data secure.
This policy explains the following with respect to your personal data:
- what information we collect from you and how we collect it,
- why we collect it and our legal basis for doing so,
- how we use it,
- who we share it with,
- where we store it,
- how long we keep it for, and
- your rights.
References to the "GDPR" are to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679.
Our Privacy Officer can be contacted directly via firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Personal Data Do We Collect?
We only ever collect the personal data that we need from you and keep the personal data we hold on an ongoing basis to a minimum.
We collect and process your personal data when you use our site and solutions. This may be personal data you provide to us, that we collect about you and/or information we receive from other sources.
Information you give us
The personal data you give us may include your:
- e-mail address,
- phone number,
- financial and credit card information,
- personal description,
- interests in the topics we cover and products that we provide, and
We would ask you to ensure that the personal data you provide to us is kept up-to-date and therefore please contact us if you need to amend any of your personal data.
Information we collect about you
Each time you visit our site we automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); solutions you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources
We use approved third parties to provide services to us (including, for example, business partners, resellers, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
How Do We Use Your Personal Data?
We use information that we hold about you in the following ways:
- to provide you with information about our solutions that you request from us (contract),
- to provide you with solutions that you have requested and to invoice you (contract),
- to provide you with information about other solutions we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about (legitimate interests on the basis that this would not be unexpected contact from us as you have purchased a solution already from us, attended an event or made an enquiry),
- to notify you about changes to our solution (legitimate interests on the basis that this would be useful information for you to receive as a current or former customer),
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer (legitimate interests in that we have a business interest in presenting our content in the most effective manner),
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes (legitimate interests in that we need to carry out regular maintenance and testing on our site),
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure (legitimate interests for us to maximise safety and security for both parties),
- to provide you with direct marketing information by email or telephone call where you have provided us with your business card at an event (legitimate interests on the basis that you have provided us with your contact details and this is business to business marketing that we tailor to your industry sector),
- to provide you with direct marketing information by email, post or telephone call (legitimate interests on the basis that this is business to business marketing that we tailor to your industry sector),
- to provide you with newsletters in response to your request (consent).
(For details of how to withdraw your consent at any time please see the section "Your Rights" below.)
Information we receive from other sources
In certain circumstances, we combine information we receive from other sources with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Who Do We Share Your Personal Data With?
We share your information with selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you, and
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
Our selected third parties are required by us to treat your personal data as carefully as we would and may only act on our instructions with regard to their use of your personal data.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in the event that:
- we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will be obliged to disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets,
- if IDTechEx Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets, or
Where Do We Store Your Personal Data?
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). Such destinations may include countries where the level of protection provided for your personal data is not considered adequate by the European Union authorities. However, in such situations, we ensure that we put in place adequate safeguards to protect your personal data. Your personal data may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Data For?
Your personal data is kept by us whilst it is being used (e.g. because we are legally sending you marketing messages or communicating with you). When we no longer need to keep your personal data, we undertake to delete it and dispose of it securely. If you make a request, unless we explain otherwise to you, we will delete your data unless there is a legitimate requirement (such as legally, or contractually) for us to keep it for longer period of time.
You have the following rights in connection with your personal data:
- where we are processing your personal data on the basis of consent then you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us by email via privacy@IDTechEx.com, and
- the right to obtain a copy of your personal data which we hold about you.
In certain circumstances you have the right to:
- have your personal data erased,
- restrict processing of your personal data,
- object to the processing of your personal data, or
- have your personal data transferred to a third party.
If you wish to exercise your rights, please contact our Privacy Officer by email via privacy@IDTechEx.com with "PRIVACY" in the subject of the email.
If you have an issue or complaint arising under this policy then, in the first instance, please contact our Privacy Officer by email via privacy@IDTechEx.com with "PRIVACY" in the subject of the email.
If you are not satisfied with our handling of your issue or complaint then you have the right, under Article 77 of the GDPR, to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office (https://ico.org.uk/concerns/).
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction