Mr Michael Golubev, CEO/Founder
Santa Clara 2014 Presentation - 3Dponics*
Santa Clara 2014 Audio Presentation - 3Dponics*
If you already have access, please [Login]
Access can be purchased via IDTechEx Credits
• 3Dponics is an open-source, 3D-printable hydroponics system that makes growing fresh, organic food easier and faster than ever before.
• In addition to personal uses, it can be set up in classrooms (by children, for children) to teach them about horticulture; at food banks and homeless shelters to provide fresh, nutritious food to those less fortunate; and in academic institutions to assist in further research and development.
• Biggest advantage: Mass customization
• Biggest disadvantage: A lot of people still don't know what 3D printing is and even less actually have a 3D printer in their homes, while others may be sceptical about the technology and hesitant to try something new.
• Opportunity: There will be a huge need for solutions addressing infringement of intellectual property, product liability and respect of ethical boundaries.
Speaker Biography (Michael Golubev)
Michael Golubev is CEO and Creative Director of 3Dponics Inc. He's one of the first believers in 3D printing and its power to change the world for the better. With a background in e-commerce, digital marketing and cloud application development, he's played a key role in the success of multiple Canadian start-ups. His hobbies include gardening, flying drones and trying new technologies and turning his hobbies into businesses.
Company Profile (3Dponics)
View 3Dponics Timeline
Based in Ottawa, Canada, 3Dponics Inc. is a fresh, new tech lab that's uniting two exciting worlds: 3D printing and hydroponics. Our goal is to get our 3D-printable hydroponics systems into the hands of people everywhere and to build an online community of urban growers to support local, sustainable farming and encourage further development of the 3Dponics system. These are just a few of the many exciting and innovative projects we are working on.