Dr Xiaoxi He is a Principal Analyst at IDTechEx. She conducts technology scouting & bench-marking, market research & analysis, player assessment & evaluation and offers business insights and opinions on emerging technologies. Xiaoxi has helped multiple customers to understand their technology capabilities for existing and various emerging markets, as well as to find out potential opportunities and strategies.
Xiaoxi is the lead analyst covering display and energy storage, which involves deep understanding of diversified technologies and markets. She also leads IDTechEx's coverage and analysis of high-tech innovations in China, regularly interviewing key Chinese innovators and speaking at key conferences.
Xiaoxi obtained her PhD in Cavendish Laboratory, Department of Physics at University of Cambridge. Prior to that, she completed her MSc at the University of Ulm (Germany) on advanced materials and her BSc degree at Shandong University (China). Xiaoxi has authored several publications in leading peer-reviewed journals. She speaks Chinese (Mandarin) and English.
Besides display and energy storage, Xiaoxi has also worked on projects that requires a broad knowledge of interdisciplinary areas. A selection of her work is listed below:
• Helped a fortune 500 company to form a technology ecosystem to commercialize a wearable product that requires a battery technology with a special form factor.
• Helped a $3 billion company to identify how their nano-material can deliver value in advanced and post lithium-ion battery technologies.
• Helped a $ 26 billion global company to carry out technology scouting and bench-marking on existing technologies in various areas that can be applied for emerging displays.
• Provided technology and market research on energy harvesting for a $50 billion global company, covering all EH technologies as well as top players.
• Helped an international company to conduct sensor business research
Xiaoxi is the author of the following market research reports:
• Flexible, Printed and Thin Film Batteries 2019-2029: Technologies, Forecasts, Players (lead author). She has focused extensively on the technology and commercial aspects of thin, flexible or printed batteries, and is now an opinion leader in the industry.
• Perovskite Photovoltaics 2019-2029: Technologies, Markets, Players (lead author)
• Voice, Speech, Conversation-Based User Interfaces 2019-2029: Technologies, Players, Markets (lead author)
• Batteries for Residential, Commercial, Industrial and Utility Applications 2016-2026: Technologies, markets, players and opportunities (lead author)
• RFID in China 2015-2025: Forecasts, Players, Opportunities (lead author)
• Printed, Organic & Flexible Electronics Forecasts, Players & Opportunities 2019-2029 (co-author)
• OLED Display Forecasts and Technologies 2019-2029: The Global Rise of Flexible and Foldable Displays (co-author)
• Stretchable and Conformal Electronics 2019-2029 (co-author)
• RFID sensors 2018-2028: Forecast, Players, Opportunities (co-author)