The electric car market is facing fresh, unforeseen challenges in 2020, and in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic, electric vehicles with a higher upfront price are a hard sell. How is the industry, and how are governments, responding? Are electric cars de-railed from their pre-coronavirus trajectory?
The following IDTechEx webinar will answer these questions, discussing:
- The impact of COVID-19 on total and electric car sales.
- A TCO analysis for electric cars: are we at cost parity in 2020?
- A regional overview of the top auto markets, and the contrasting EV responses amid coronavirus production shutdowns.
- The place fuel cells have in electric car markets.
- Electric traction motor technology trends.
- The rise of autonomous technology, and the impact on the car market.