The necessity to reach a high decarbonisation level within different sectors, led in the last years a growing number of countries to adopt and develop the so-called hydrogen economy. The hydrogen economy involved the adoption of two technologies: the fuel cells and water electrolysers.
In this webinar, IDTechEx Technology Analyst Daniele Gatti, will provide a complete overview of the hydrogen economy, and technical specifics of fuel cells and electrolysers, analysing:
- What is the hydrogen economy, and why it is required.
- Who are the main countries adopting a hydrogen economy, and how are they developing a hydrogen economy.
- Overview of the current available fuel cells technologies
- Analysis of the working mechanism of a PEMFC, with emphasis on the main components.
- Explanation of the Solid Oxide Fuel Cells.
- Analysis of the different hydrogen production methods
- Explanation and comparison of the two main electrolysers currently available: alkaline electrolyser (AEL) and proton exchange membrane electrolyser (PEMEL)