Smart Connectivity - Closing The Gap Between The Machine Floor And The Cloud (Internet of Things Applications Europe 2016)

Mr Daniel Walldorf, Manager Innovation Platforms - smart sensing - TE
TE Connectivity


Europe 2016 Presentation - TE Connectivity*
Europe 2016 Audio Presentation - TE Connectivity*

If you already have access, please [Login]

Presentation Summary

Machines today create lots of data. Our experience shows that typically only 5% of the sensor generated data is used by the machine control. The remaining 95% could be well used to boost productivity and quality. TE Connectivity is providing Smart Connectivity to get data available in cloud environments. Smart Connectivity does not only transfer data but also manages backwards compatibility, aggregation and preprocessing of large data volumes created. It is therefore a key component in the factory of the future. TE shows examples of productivity improvements shown by the implementation in running factories.

Speaker Biography (Daniel Walldorf)

Daniel Walldorf is working as Innovation Platforms Manager in the industrial business unit of TE connectivity. After he earned his degree in physics at the Technical University of Darmstadt (Germany) and the University of Bistrol (UK), Daniel has worked at Carl Zeiss and Baumer focusing on the semiconductor as well as the sensor market in machine and process automation. His roles included R&D, engineering as well as product management. In his current role Daniel is driving the business and technology incubation for the industrial business unit of TE connectivity with focus on improving productivity in future factories with innovations around sensors and sensor networks.

Company Profile (TE Connectivity)

TE Connectivity logo
TE Connectivity (NYSE: TEL) is a US$14 billion global technology leader. Our connectivity and sensor solutions are essential in today's increasingly connected world. We collaborate with engineers to transform their concepts into creations - redefining what's possible using intelligent, efficient and high-performing TE products and solutions proven in harsh environments. Our 80,000 employees, including 7,500 design engineers, partner with customers in over 150 countries across a wide range of industries. We believe EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS -
View TE Connectivity Timeline