Dr Sabine Amberg-Schwab, Head of Functional Barrier Layers dept.
Fraunhofer Institute for Silicate Research ISC
Europe 2015 Presentation - Fraunhofer Institute for Silicate Research ISC*
If you already have access, please [Login]
Access is available via an IDTechEx Market Intelligence Subscription
Polymer films show high flexibility, but have undesirably high permeation values. To improve the barrier performance, new multilayer systems have been developed by using nanoscale inorganic-organic polymers (ORMOCER®s), which are processed by wet chemical techniques in combination with vacuum-processed vapor borne inorganic thin films like SiOx. A roll-to-roll process has been developed by which the barrier lacquers can be applied perfectly and economically.
講演者の経歴 (Sabine Amberg-Schwab)
• Dr. Sabine Amberg-Schwab studied Biology and Chemistry at the Julius-Maximilians-University in Würzburg, Germany (1979-1985), where she received her PhD in 1988. The title of her thesis was: „Preparation of well dispersed metals in SiO2 Matrices"
• After her PhD she joined Fraunhofer Institute for Silicate Research ISC in Würzburg as a scientist in the development of new functional coating materials based on inorganic-organic hybrid polymers (ORMOCER®s) since 1989 up to now.
• Dr. S. Amberg-Schwab was the spokesperson for the Fraunhofer Alliance POLO from 2003 until 2012.
• In 2005 she received the ICE award (International Coating Exhibition) for her development work regarding antimicrobial coatings.
• In 2011 she received the Fraunhofer Award for her development work regarding low-cost barrier films for the encapsulation of solar cells, a prize awarded by Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft ever since 1978 for outstanding scientific work by its staff leading to the solution of application-oriented problems.
会社紹介 (Fraunhofer ISC)
View Fraunhofer ISC Timeline
Inside and on top material solutions by Fraunhofer ISC: industry-oriented technology package including profound analytics, materials development and processing as well as modern technology for upscaling and upgrading. We provide novel materials based on a wide range of functional coatings, inorganic materials, hybrid polymers (ORMOCER®s), nanoparticles, composites and smart materials that can be functionalized according to customer demands.
We present wearable textile sensors, barrier films for flexible, printed electronics and OPV, material solutions for microoptics and electronics, adaptronic materials for actuators and energy harvesting, materials and components for thin flexible batteries, and 3D printing technologies on nano and micro scale.