Mr Mark Maas, Business Development Manager
USA 2015 Presentation - TE Connectivity*
USA 2015 Audio Presentation - TE Connectivity*
If you already have access, please [Login]
Access is available via an IDTechEx Market Intelligence Subscription
Machines today can create lots of data for both system control as well as for big data applications. Our experience shows however that typically only 5% of the sensor generated data is actually used. The remaining 95% could be well used to boost efficiency, productivity, quality, flexibility, traceability, etc. in smart future factories (Industry 4.0 / Industrial IoT) and smart buildings. TE Connectivity is providing Smart Connectivity solutions to significantly improve the data availability and usability in cloud systems resulting in significant efficiency improvements as already shown today in TE's own factories. These Smart Connectivity solutions are the enablers of IoT, using integrated functions (like sensing, communication, control, etc.).
Speaker Biography (Mark Maas)
Mechanical Engineering (BSc) and Innovation Management (MSc) degree. From 1995 to 2014 employed at Surface Mount Technology pick and place machine OEM Assembleon www.assembleon.com in various roles, like: System Test Engineer, Product Manager, Manager Requirements Applications & Process group, Director High Volume Solutions. Since 2014 employed at TE Connectivity within the Industrial Business Unit as Sr. Manager Innovation Platforms. In this latest role the goal is to drive business & technology incubation with focus on automation that will increase energy efficiency, productivity, and convenience and ultimately shape the future of factories, buildings or mass transportation systems.
Company Profile (TE Connectivity)
View TE Connectivity Timeline
TE Connectivity (NYSE: TEL) is a US$14 billion global technology leader. Our connectivity and sensor solutions are essential in today's increasingly connected world. We collaborate with engineers to transform their concepts into creations - redefining what's possible using intelligent, efficient and high-performing TE products and solutions proven in harsh environments. Our 80,000 employees, including 7,500 design engineers, partner with customers in over 150 countries across a wide range of industries. We believe EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS - http://www.TE.com.