- Facilitate Exel's Global RFID Strategy Team
- Coordinate exchange of RFID information from all theatres of operation.
- Assist in the Deployment of radio frequency identification (RFID) projects with our clients and vendor base.
- Development of logistical solutions for clients within automotive, consumer, retail, healthcare, technology, chemical and industrial industry verticals
- Significant Client Projects - Sun Microsystems, HP-Compaq, Diageo, Avon, GE Supply and Procter & Gamble
Prior Work History
- BMW Manufacturing Corporation -Logistics Coordinator: Responsible for inbound warehousing to an auto assembly plant in Greer, SC. Conceived, implemented and operated the largest automated warehouse for inbound logistics in the U.S. Automotive Industry.
- DCT Material Handling - Lead Applications Engineer Implemented projects with Daimler Chrysler and General Motors related to the latest advances in automated material handling technologies originating from Japan. Participated in material handling integrations that supported the launches of new model Cirrus, Stratus, S-10 Pickup and Corvette automobiles.
- Honda of America Manufacturing- Engineering Staff Responsible for all inbound parts delivery to the assembly line of an automotive assembly plant in East Liberty, Ohio. Managed and re-engineered one of the most automated material handling systems used in automotive assembly plants, supporting Civic and Accord assembly operations
Areas of Expertise
- 15 Years experience in material handling engineering and logistics disciplines
- Automated material handling system justification, design, implementation and operation
- Responsible for the development and execution of logistical solutions for clients involving process, labor and systems strategies and best practices
- Japanese automotive industry lean material handling techniques
- Program and project management
- WMS / ERP evaluation and implementation
- Auto ID strategy & implementation (Bar code & RFID)
- Process design / benchmarking
- Facility design
- Logistical operations management
- 3PL Contract Management
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Total Quality Management
Ohio University - Athens, Ohio 1987-1991
Bachelor of Science - Industrial Technology
The work of Exel touches many aspects of our day-to-day lives, across the globe, 24 hours a day. As you sleep, Exel is delivering the food that you buy and the petrol that drives your car that we help build and service. As you go about your daily routine, your mobile phone, personal computer and household electronics have been touched by our teams and our solutions to ensure that you have the choice and efficiency that today's world demands. When crisis comes, our solutions support the medical care you receive and ensure the prescriptions you need are waiting for you and your family.
With around 111,000 employees in over 135 countries worldwide, our solutions to a wide range of manufacturing, retail and consumer industries are supported by highly skilled people and leading-edge technology.
We are a UK listed, FTSE 100 company, with turnover of £6.3 billion (US$11.6 billion/€9.3 billion). Our customers include over 75% of the world's largest, quoted non-financial companies.