Gas sensors provide information on air quality and guide people to take appropriate action at the right place and time. With the rapid development of miniaturisation techniques and internet connectivity, the low cost, ultra-low power and ultra-small gas sensor will find numerous applications in the Internet of Things (IoT).
IDTechEx predicts a significant growth of gas sensors market in the coming years and the market value will reach $3 billion in 2028. Most of the expansion will come from the IoT applications, such as smart city, smart home and personal devices. Because each market segment focuses on varying requirements, how to choose proper gas sensors for specific applications is crucial.
- An introduction to gas sensors
- Pros and cons of main detection principles
- A summary of the miniaturisation of gas sensors
- Porter's five force analysis of gas sensor manufacturing
- The Emerging markets in the Internet of Things for miniaturised gas sensor including Smart City, Smart Home, Personal devices and Connected car
- Conclusion and 10-year forecast